Mission, Vision and Values
Adopted by the Board of Governors in May 2010.
The Colorado State University System will create the financial sustainability to fulfill its mission, while expanding its statewide presence and creating opportunities for building a stronger future for Colorado.
The Colorado State University System exists to support, enhance, and protect the unique missions of its constituent institutions and to encourage collaboration that benefits students and Colorado.
We embrace these values as we fulfill Our Commitment to Building a Stronger Colorado:
- An entrepreneurial attitude, while consistently demonstrating fiscal responsibility and resourcefulness.
- A passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- A willingness to collaborate and work with others in an environment of respect and trust.
- A commitment to open communication, ethical conduct and full accountability.
- A loyalty to the mission, with a specific emphasis on meeting student needs.
- An appreciation for diversity and inclusiveness.
Colorado State University
Inspired by its land-grant heritage, CSU is committed to excellence, setting the standard for public research universities in teaching, research, service, and extension for the benefit of the citizens of Colorado, the United States, and the world.
Colorado State University-Pueblo
CSU-Pueblo’s success will be measured by the resilience, agility, and problem-solving abilities of our diverse student population and the ways in which our graduates are able to navigate work in a rapidly changing world.
Colorado State University Global
CSU Global is committed to advancing student success in a global society, investing in human capital, expanding the state economy, and enhancing the quality of life for citizens in the state of Colorado and beyond by providing access to dynamic degree programs characterized by academic excellence, innovative delivery technologies, and strong stakeholder engagement.